About Early Access Programs
An Early Access Program might be able to provide you with a suitable treatment option if you are a patient in high medical need who cannot participate in a Clinical Trial and you have exhausted all registered treatments.
In many countries, based on specific laws and regulations, your physician may be able to request access to pre-approval medicines to treat your condition.
Many terms are used to describe programs that provide access to pre-approval medicines:
- Early Access Program
- Expanded Access Program
- Named Patient
- Named Patient Import
- Named Patient Program
- Investigational Drug
- Managed Access Program
- Patient Specific Drug Import
- Compassionate Use
Do you meet the criteria for Early Access?
If the pharmaceutical company developing the medicine is willing to provide pre-approval access to their medicine, and
- You have a life threatening or debilitating disease
- You have no remaining viable treatment options with registered medicines or Clinical Trials
- The authorities approve access to the pre-approval medicine
If your physician:
- Is willing to prescribe the pre-approval medicine to you
If the medicine:
- Has an indication of safety, tolerability, and efficacy
- Early Access may be possible.
Find the available treatment options within
Clinical Trials & Early Access Programs
for your medical condition
Your information belongs to you